MiSec and BSides Detroit 12
The #misec community will be out in force at BSides Detroit 2012. From volunteers to speakers to participants, the local information security community has rallied to make BSides Detroit a great event.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Matt Johnson (mwjcomputing) – #misec BSides Dinner on Thursday at 7 pm
- Len Isham and Scott Thomas – Infosec Flameout: What to Do When You Can’t Stand It Any Longer?
- Derek Thomas (dth0m) – Vulnerability Management: Moving Away From the Compliance Checkbox towards Continuous Discovery.
- Jen Fox – The Moscow Rules for InfoSec Professionals: Achieve Détente to Secure the Enterprise
- Mark Lenigan (niteshad) – Cyberwar: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Fight the F.U.D.
- J Wolfgang Goerlich – Naked Boulder Rolling
- Len Isham – Career 101: How to Unlock Achievements and Level Up
- Steven Fox – How to Create Social Illusions: A Social Engineering Case Study
- Chris J (rattis) – Intro to Linux System Hardening and Applying it to Your Pentest System
- Keith Dixon (tazdrumm3r) – Overview of Python - Flying Made Simple Without the NyQuil Hangover
- Chris J (rattis) and Justin (Infosec_rogue) will also be podcasting for Rats and Rogues