Branding your Security Team Workshop
Steven Fox will be offering his Branding your Security Team workshop on September 15, from 10 am to 4 pm. The training is free and requires a workshop ticket from Eventbrite.
Branding your Security Team – Connecting with Customers through Compelling Experiences
What does your security team stand for? How does it add value to its customers? How does it drive value within itself? Most managers and customers ask these questions in some form; they want to know what your team will do and why they should interact with it. Unfortunately, most IT security teams approach their answer from a context alien to those whom they serve – leaving them puzzled and frustrated.
This workshop focuses on branding techniques that will aid in reframing your team’s value proposition into a context familiar to your internal customers. While a brand can be created by an individual or team, its success depends on how it is positioned by its target customers. While the vagaries of organizational behavior make it hard to control positioning, this workshop will highlight a five step process to define your brand, promote it strategically, and influence its positive perception within the company.
1) Create – Attendees will be presented with a security team’s branding statement which is in conflict with its customers. They will create a new statement via a reframing exercise utilizing a customer profile document.
2) Connect – We connect to people through stories. Thus, attendees will learn the basic structure of a story and use this to write a compelling case study that conveys their new brand statement. This story will be shared with others and discussed to explore how it resonates with the target customer and conveys the team brand.
3) Rehearse – Rehearsal allows the team to internalize the details of their brand, freeing it to deliver the value it represents. Attendees will learn efficient rehearsal techniques they can use with their teams.
4) Deliver – Step 2 formed a connection with your customer – a short-lived relationship that will fade if left unenforced. This step focuses on the security team’s ability to earn the customer’s trust by serving their needs consistently and professionally while reinforcing its brand message.
5) Follow-through – There is where you make your story a reality. Attendees will learn the power of service follow-through to strengthen your brand, especially when mistakes are made.
Workshop materials will be made available in advance of the workshop so attendees can prepare. The workshop will be held on September 15, from 10 am to 4 pm, and requires a workshop ticket from Eventbrite.