MiSec Meetup August 2012
August’s event is on Thursday, August 9th, 2012, at 7 pm. Jen Fox (@J_Fox) is presenting “The Moscow Rules for InfoSec Professionals: Achieve Détente to Secure the Enterprise”.
Abstract: Ever worked at a company with poor relations between IT and business? Ever been on the team that comes in for the second or third try at a failed project? Ever been a consultant or contractor at a company that is suspicious of outsiders? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this talk is for you. The Moscow Rules are said to be the rules used by spies operating in Russia during the Cold War to protect their lives and their missions. This talk adapts the Moscow Rules for the IT professional who needs to have ongoing interactions with the “other side” (business).
For details and location, please either contact us through email (email@example.com) or log into our IRC channel (Freenode/#MiSec). This month’s meeting will also be streamed via Gotomeeting, Meeting ID: 725-860-782, Meeting Password: misec.
A sneak peak at what is to come:
- August 11th, Chris J is leading a Linux hardening workshop
- In September, OWASP Detroit returns. J Wolfgang Goerlich (@jwgoerlich) is presenting on .Net security
- September 27-28, the GrrCon conference (http://grrcon.org)
- In October, Jack Crook is presenting on forensics and incident response
- In November, Keith Dixon is presenting on honeypots
- OWASP Detroit returns in December with Kevin Poniatowski covering SDLC